Tours / Calendar
Agrofuels Screening at Central Mass Film Festival - Info & Photos Here.
Events Spring 2012
- French Version World Premier! Friday April 20th at Collège Édouard-Montpetit, Longueuil, Quebec
- Bike-powered screening at the Nantucket Atheneum on Friday, April 27th at 7:00 pm
Successful Events / Tours:
- November 9: Worcester, MA - Pedal-Powered Ciclovida Screening at Worcester State University at 6 PM, 486 Chandler St., Worcester, MA 01602 as part of the Worcester and the World event series. Filmmakers and local activists will speak.
November 20th: Cambridge, MA - Boston Latino International Film Festival. 3:30pm at Harvard University – David Rockefeller Center for Latin American Studies, Tsai Auditorium, Concourse level, 1730 Cambridge Street, Cambridge 02138.
- December: Guatemala Tour! - Check back soon for details. Or check out this map of places we'll be doing screenings!
- October 22nd: New Bedford, MA - Connecting for Change Conference Film Festival (Bioneers by the Bay), Saturday at 2pm at the Garage: details here.
- October 15: Troy, NY - 7pm Ciclovida screening at Sanctuary for Independent Media, 3361 6th Avenue, Troy, NY 12181, (518) 272-2390. Filmmaker will be present.
- October 6th: Canadian Premier in Sutton, QC - Pedal-powered screening of Ciclovida at Salle Alec et Gérard Pelletier, 4-C, rue Maple, Sutton, Qc, J0E 2K0, 450.538.0486 http://www.salleagpelletier.com
- September 12th: Wildlife Preserve Film Series, Cambridge, MA - 8:30pm Pedal-powered screening of Ciclovida at Lyndell's Baker, 74 Prospect Street, Cambridge, MA. Details: http://www.radonlake.com/wildlife/
Cross-Pollination Tour, Summer 2011
The Cross-Pollination Tour is a coast-to-coast collaborative tour bringing together 3 ground-breaking projects mobilizing the power of people for autonomy, justice, and a new relationship with the land . From coast to coast, we will connect with people of all walks of life, and strengthen the work of innovative and transformative projects everywhere we go. The tour will bring the energy and ideas of Flintstonecar, Ciclovida: Lifecycle and the FreeWheelWomen to share and collaborate with farms, coops, bike shops, youth leadership, community projects, and many more inspiring initiatives.
Who We Are:
- Ciclovida: a bike-powered project based on the social movement in Brazil of landless farmers biking thousand of miles around South America exchanging natural seeds and exposing the devastating impacts of agrofuels and industrial agriculture
- Flintstone Car: developing creative new models for sustainable, people-powered, and multi-source hybrid energy solutions, such as the pedal powered mobile movie theater.
- FreeWheelWomen: an all-women documentary bike tour traveling across the country connecting with new people, communities, and grassroots justice projects to share ideas and get the word out about revolutionary grassroots projects for social change.
What We Do:
- Use our pedal-powered mobile movie theater to show the documentary Ciclovida: Lifecycle Offer workshops including: Pedal Power and Renewable Energy Generation Systems and Exposing False Solutions: Agrofuels, Carbon Markets, and more.
- Capture documentary video footage of projects, action, and on the ground work, as well as important messages and ideas through video interviews.
- Create cross-pollination spaces: events for people doing different kinds of work locally and around the country to connect, share, and discuss.
View the tour schedules and plug into a local event!
- Spring Tour Blog:(regular blog updates). Host this exciting tour at your school or community center!
See the design details for the Pedal-Power Mobile Movie Theater: Power Point .PPT (3.4mb) | PDF Document (3.6mb).
Ciclovida Film, Music & Bike Tour Spring 2011
- Bike-powered projection of the award-winning documentary film, Ciclovida: Lifecycle!
- Engaging speakers from a Brazilian landless movement!
- Energize climate justice and local food movements!
- Live musical performances!
This April and May filmmakers and Brazilian activists/musicians featured in the award-winning documentary film Ciclovida: Lifecycle bike down the East Coast of the US. Organize a premier showing of Ciclovida: Lifecycle (76 minutes), which follows a group of landless farmers and musicians from northeast Brazil who traverse the entire South American continent by bike in search of natural seeds and expose the devastating effects of industrial agriculture destined for biofuel. The tour will also feature high-energy musicians including ReadNex Poetry Squad and Evan Greer and team ready to teach workshops about alternative energy systems, featuring bike-generators and solar powered chargers that will be powering Ciclovida projections around the world in 2011!
Artwork by Casey Whalen
As if a film, speakers, musicians, and bike-powered energy wasn't enough, we are also offering WORKSHOPS on topics including: 1. Biofuels, Agrofuels and Climate Change 2. Landless Movements in Brazil 3. Pedal and solar-powered sound & video. 4. Preserving Natural Seeds More about WORKSHOPS. Book the Ciclovida Tour 2011: email@example.com, (508) 335-7783 ReadNex Poetry Squad will be featured at several tour events!
Been part of an event? Please fill out the short evaluation form!
Ivania de Alencar and Inacio do Nacimento are the landless-farmer-protagonists, co-directors, and camera operators of the Ciclovida: Lifecycle project. As dynamic and passionate speakers and musicians, they are the main inspiration for the film and the tour. Matt Feinstein is the filmmaker, and an organizer for social and environmental justice based in Worcester, MA.
Also looking for the following core team members (includes INTERNSHIP opportunities):
- Musical Performers
- Campus Booking Coordinator (position filled)
- Bike-powered electronics engineer (position filled)
- Media Coordinator
- Grassroots Fundraising Coordinator
Template Press Release: Download Here (Word Doc) Template Flyers:
- Full Page flyer as editable Word Document (small 872kb - DOC)
- Full Page flyer as editable Photoshop Document, high resolution (large 50mb - PSD)
- Quarter Page flyer as editable Word Document
- Quarter Page flyer as editable Photoshop Document